Success Outside School
We are keen to celebrate Highlands’ student achievements outside school. If you would like us to feature your child's success, please contact the Website Editor, supplying the student's name, form group, a short paragraph of text and a photograph, if available.
Well done to the following:
Brody Husband - Drama success for ex Highlands' student.
Brodie Husband, ex student from Highlands School, plays Grumio in “The Taming of the Shrew”. The only cast member not Drama School trained, Brodie is making Highlands School proud.
Meghan swims for Barnet Copthall Swimming Club and trains for 9 sessions a week, including three morning sessions plus two evening land training sessions.
· Double British National 200 and 400m Swimming Champion 2014 ( GOLD)
· Bronze Medallist 100 Free British Nationals 2014
· Bronze Medallist 100 Free ASA English Nationals 2015
· National Champion 200 Individual Medley ASA National Championships in 2016 (GOLD)
· London Regional Champion in numerous events 2011,2012,2013, 2014,2015,2016,2017
· Middlesex County Champion in numerous events 2011,2012,2013, 2014,2015,2016,2017
· International swimmer - London Regional Team - Amiens, France 2015, 2016,2017
· International Gold medallist and Champion 200 Free—Amiens France
Represented - Middlesex County Luxembourg 2014, Lyons France 2016
· Irish Open Swimming Championships, Dublin. Silver Medallist in the OPEN 200 Freestyle
· Winner of the prestigious Middlesex County Wilkinson junior and senior record holders.
On 23rd July Meghan travels again to the British Swimming Championships which is held in Sheffield. She has qualified for three events; 200 and 400 IM plus 400 Freestyle. We wish her luck!
Melissa Byrne (Year 9) was crowned the overall 14 and under Girls’ Swimming Champion at an open Enfield swimming meet. Over 500 swimmers attended the meet, from a number of neighbouring Borough swim clubs. Melissa won 5 Gold Medals and one trophy. She also won the prestigious Middlesex County Wilkinson sword (junior) for overall all swimming performance at Counties.